ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Shrinking scratch pools - tips?

2007-03-23 16:07:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Shrinking scratch pools - tips?
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:07:19 -0400
I always use

Select volume_name from libvolumes where status='Private' and last_use is null

To get volumes that should be (maybe) scratch but aren't for some reason. Now
if you have a real private volume checked in that
hasn't been used yet, it will still show last_use as NULL. You need to check
that the tape is really scratch and then figure out
why/how it was made private. Like the tape doesn't have a label and you don't
have the library as autolabel...or the tape is
write-protected...

To find out if a tape is really a scratch, we usually run a select on the
volhistory and the last entry should be STGDELETE.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.