ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Re: Shrinking scratch pools - tips?

2007-03-23 15:55:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Re: Shrinking scratch pools - tips?
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:55:34 -0500
Colwell, William F. wrote:

> I would check first for volume leaks.  If this select returns anything
> it is bad -
>
> select volume_name from libvolumes where status = 'Private' and owner is
> null

That's not necessarily true.  If you're using a standalone TSM server
(not set up as a library manager for other TSM servers), the owner
field in the libvolumes table can/will be null as well.

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                     ITS-SPA, Univ. of Iowa