ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Wiindows 2000 and 2003 servers backups very poor performance

2007-03-22 17:56:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Wiindows 2000 and 2003 servers backups very poor performance
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:55:39 -0600
I will amplify Curtis' call on this: check the NICs.  Especially if you
are on 100MB Ethernet.  For GigE, you generally can't choose, but make
it all the same in the path between the server and TSM.

As for testing: try an ftp of a large file (a gig or so so it stays on
the wire for a minute or so).  If this is faster than you are getting
from TSM, you have a TSM problem.  If it is the same speed, you have a
network problem.

Kelly J. Lipp
VP Manufacturing & CTO
STORServer, Inc.