ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Error writing volume history file

2007-03-20 14:00:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] Error writing volume history file
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:56:40 -0400
We are seeing the following pair of messages occasionally:

ANR9999D icvolhst.c(5267): ThreadId <47> Error Writing to output File.
ANR4510E Server could not write sequential volume history information
to /var/tsm_automation/volumehistory.

Successive occurances of this pair of messages are typically a week
to two weeks apart. We have a 5.3.4.0 server running under mainframe
Linux. There is plenty of disk space available in the /var file
system. The Linux error logs do not report any I/O errors when these
TSM messages occur. The path at the end of the second message is the
one specified for the sequential volume history file in our server
options file.

I have already contacted IBM, but I am not optimistic about getting
a resolution; the last e-mail I got from IBM requested 'ls' command
output needed to check the possibility of root not having write
access to the volume history file.
Has anyone else seen this and found a way to stop it?