ADSM-L

Re: ANS0328E

2007-03-14 23:39:05
Subject: Re: ANS0328E
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:38:41 -0500
Del,

I had the APAR in front of me as I started to type, but my
symptoms appeared to be different.  But I tried the rename
node and rneame filespace approach and it worked just fine.
However, that requires the sysadmin to change both the
dsm.opt and the scheduled service.  With a couple of dozen
machines amd sysadmins saying why me?, I got to wondering if
I couldn't get the same results if I just renamed the
filespaces without renaming the node. Tjat doesn't require
the intervention of the sysadmin.  I'm going to try that on a
test machine in the morning.