ADSM-L

Re: Windows vs. AIX Server

2007-03-14 17:25:58
Subject: Re: Windows vs. AIX Server
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:25:35 -0600
Ahh I love a good religious war....;-)

I have found that in the various TSM installations our company has
across the world, the of AIX/IBM hosts are more stable and better
performing servers. They also seem better able to sustain higher rates
of I/O than the other platforms.

The other OS/host combinations we have are Sun/Sparc, Win/Intel,
RHLinux/Intel.

The downside is that AIX/IBM expertise is hard to find especially
overseas, and for that reason we have the Sun/Win/Linux installations at
our other sites.

Ben