ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 upgrade and Oracle TDP help

2007-03-07 21:58:59
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 upgrade and Oracle TDP help
From: Bob Booth <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 20:58:35 -0600
On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 08:48:20PM -0600, David Bronder wrote:
> Bob Booth wrote:
> >
> > I'm getting ready to do an upgrade from TSM 5.2.9 to TSM 5.3.4 and I am
> > really confused about the Oracle TDP license.
>
> Just about the TDPO license?  :)

Yeah.. really.  *sigh*

> > Do I still need a xxx.lic file for the TSM server, if so, where does it
> > live?
> >
> > I have downloaded TSM 5.3 EE and the TSM 5.3 DP for Oracle from the PA
> > website.  The only license files that exist are tsmbasic.lic and tsmee.lic
> > and we are licensed for extended addition, DP for databases, and DP for
> > mail.
>
> At TSM 5.3, the only server-side license files are for Basic, Extended
> Edition, and Data Retention.  All the TDP, library, SAP, etc. license
> files are gone on the server side.
>
> Of course, you still need those _licenses_, but not the license files.
>
> The only TDPO license file you'll need is the one installed on the
> Oracle server as part of the TDPO client installation.

Cool, this is the agent.lic file, got it..

I take it that legacy TDP oracle clients will continue to work without the
server having a fit?  We have a lot of older Oracle instances out there running
2.2.1 and 4.x and 5.x TDP code.

I know I really should have upgraded my TSM server a while ago, but issues
with certain *cough* vendors where keeping me at this level of code...
Not a problem any more now that we are rid of NDMP!

Thanks as always for the help Dave!

Bob