ADSM-L

TSM 5.3 upgrade and Oracle TDP help

2007-03-07 20:23:23
Subject: TSM 5.3 upgrade and Oracle TDP help
From: Bob Booth <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 19:23:03 -0600
I'm getting ready to do an upgrade from TSM 5.2.9 to TSM 5.3.4 and I am
really confused about the Oracle TDP license.

Do I still need a xxx.lic file for the TSM server, if so, where does it
live?

I have downloaded TSM 5.3 EE and the TSM 5.3 DP for Oracle from the PA
website.  The only license files that exist are tsmbasic.lic and tsmee.lic
and we are licensed for extended addition, DP for databases, and DP for mail.

Has anyone done this, that can give me some pointers?  All our Oracle TDP's
are Solaris, and my server is running on AIX 5.2.

thanks in advance,

Bob