ADSM-L

Re: Yet Another poll ( was Re: VTL )

2007-03-02 11:26:51
Subject: Re: Yet Another poll ( was Re: VTL )
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 11:26:10 -0500
I'm not sure what you're looking for here, but:

LIBRARY_NAME            Unnamed[2]
------------------     -----------
                                 7
ALEX                           294

tsm: ADSM>select library_name,count(*) from drives     group by
library_name

LIBRARY_NAME            Unnamed[2]
------------------     -----------
ALEX                            16
EXB                              1

I  currently have 245 volumes off-site; I back up or archive 1.95 TB per
day and copy for off-site storage; most of this occurs after 18:00 local
time, and to copies need to be ready to go by 07:00 the next day. In
addition, I back up or archive about 1 TB that does NOT get copied for
off-site storage -- so I run about 5 TB through the drives in about a 10
hour wall-clock period. The drives are all IBM LTO-2 (EXB up there is an
old 20 GB DAT drive I use for testing from time to time)

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc