ADSM-L

Re: Can logs from SQL Agent be restored without a full?

2007-02-26 15:16:05
Subject: Re: Can logs from SQL Agent be restored without a full?
From: fred johanson <fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:15:36 -0600
Del,

This is the TDP for SQL.  Someone made a change in January which
should not have been made.  On the regular policy, we have 14 copies
of the FULL, which takes us back to 2/12/02.  For some reason there
are also a large number  of logs not associated with an existing
full, going back to December of last year.  What the DBA would like
to do is to restore those logs to disk for his log analyzer tool to
deal with.  Is there any way to do this?