ADSM-L

Re: 3494 checkout volumes

2007-02-23 05:29:09
Subject: Re: 3494 checkout volumes
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 04:28:31 -0600
Gill, Geoffrey L. wrote:

> I logged in to my TSM server and ran the command from there and was able
> to get a different message, which states this is not possible on 349x
> libraries, after a modification to the command that is. I actually
> missed that in the help. Seems odd to me because vollist and volr for
> checkin commands are valid for a 3494.

What message or error are you getting?  The help for CHECKOut LIBVolume
on my 5.3 server (on AIX) clearly lists the VOLList=FILE:file_name form
as valid for a 349X library.  (Although I don't recall if I've ever used
it myself.)

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                     ITS-SPA, Univ. of Iowa