ADSM-L

Re: Re: 3494 checkout volumes

2007-02-22 20:38:07
Subject: Re: Re: 3494 checkout volumes
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:37:36 -0600
Drew, Shawn wrote:

> Can you give me an example of a command that does this?

Examples of each:

  Admin CLI client macros read the macro file from the client system.

  Defining TSM server scripts from a file with the script contents reads
  the file from the TSM server system.

It makes more sense if you think about which side is operating on the
contents of the file.

> If you are talking about the ">" addition to the end of a dsmadmc batch
> command (on the os command line), that's a feature of the OS.
> The "-outfile" option on dsmadmc in batchmode is a special feature of
> the admin client only when acting in batch mode.
>
> When I use a ">" in an interactive session, it dumps the output on the
> server file system, not the client.

You seem to have that backwards.  In the admin CLI client, redirecting
output using ">" writes the output to the specified path on the client
system, not the server system.

In Geoff's case, the "checkout" command is similar to the "define script"
command, in that it's the server that is reading the file, so the file
path needs to be visible on the server.

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                     ITS-SPA, Univ. of Iowa