ADSM-L

TSM for Mail Exchange: delete obsolete versions

2007-02-22 05:22:07
Subject: TSM for Mail Exchange: delete obsolete versions
From: Gerd Becker <Gerd.Becker AT EMPRISE DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:21:15 +0100
Hi *SM'ers,
is there a supported way to delete obsolete backups from a filespace, where
erroneously versions are created. We did our yearly backup in the same
Management Class, where the daily backups goes to. We changed out
definitions in the way, it is described in the Technote swg21194253, but
the superfluous versions still exist and needs space on the tapes. Now we
will delete these objects. One way is to find out the object id and delete
it with delete object, but this is the dangerous way and not supported. Has
anyone a better solution for me?
Thanks
Gerd W. Becker, Emprise