ADSM-L

Re: q archive question

2007-02-16 07:44:07
Subject: Re: q archive question
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 07:42:35 -0500
One more thought that occurred to me on this:

Your cited queries are going after the contents of a directory, en
masse.  A possible complication could occur where multiple users are
communally using a directory, rather the more usual condition of a
directory and the files in it being owned by one user.  A wildcard
query in a communal directory can be problematic if performed by just
one of the users in it.  This situation could pertain to a
simultaneously shared directory, or one which has "changed hands"
over time, retaining the same name.

I would try to identify a single file (perhaps from the Query CONtent
operation) and perform the dsmc Query Archive on that single file,
and see if that works, as a starting point.

   Richard Sims   http://people.bu.edu/rbs/

"Vista: You would not have thought it would take so long to copy
another company's innovations."