ADSM-L

Re: How to query the volume name when I need restore

2007-02-14 14:03:23
Subject: Re: How to query the volume name when I need restore
From: "Drew, Shawn" <Shawn.Drew AT MOODYS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:47:41 -0500
You have to decide on the implication on production of this, but
something I vaguely remember doing once...
-  perform the volume usage command
-  Set all the applicable tapes to "unavailable" (temporarily)
-  Perform the restore, expecting failures
-  Search the actlog for the mount errors and compile your list.
-  Undo the "unavailable" settings

-Shawn