ADSM-L

Re: TSM : TDP for R/3 Configuration Issue - Urgent

2007-02-13 10:20:21
Subject: Re: TSM : TDP for R/3 Configuration Issue - Urgent
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:19:58 -0500
If the process hangs at this point, there is a configuration error in
the SERVER stanza and/or the /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/dsm.sys.

The TSM server specified in the SERVER stanza needs to match up to a
stnza in the dsm.sys. And the tsm server address in the dsm.sys stanza
needs to resolve to your TSM server.

>From one of my init<SID>.utl files:

SERVER          thames-bu1                                # Servername
    SESSIONS            1                               # Max sessions
    PASSWORDREQUIRED    YES                             # Use a password
    BRBACKUPMGTCLASS    tstsap-lt                       # Mngm-Classes
    BRARCHIVEMGTCLASS   prdlog1 prdlog2                 # Mngm-Classes

And the dsm.sys entry:

SErvername  thames-bu1
   COMMmethod         TCPip
   TCPPort            1500
   TCPServeraddress   adsm-bu3.nibco.com
TCPBuffsize        64
TXNBytelimit       2097152
TCPWindowsize      1024
TCPNodelay         yes
INCLEXCL           /var/adm/adsm/inclexcl
PASSWORDACCESS     prompt
SCHEDLOGNAME       /var/log/dsmsched.log
SCHEDMODE          prompted
SCHEDLOGRETENTION  10

So the 'server' thames-bu1 maps to the 'servername' thames-bu1 which
maps to the 'tcpserveraddress' adsm-bu3.nibco.com. And
adsm-bu3.nibco.com is a CNAME in dns which resolves like so:

ping -c 2 adsm-bu3.nibco.com
PING columbia-bu3: (192.168.198.52): 56 data bytes

It's easy to get lost in all the possible redirection!

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc