ADSM-L

Re: TSM API Problem

2007-02-12 19:29:43
Subject: Re: TSM API Problem
From: Beth Rogers <brogers966 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:31:20 -0500
Thanks to both of you.  I got what I needed from the exercise.

A few points for future clarity for anyone else trying the same thing ...

Even though the manual says otherwise, for the Windows client at least, the
leading "\" needs to precede the lowlevel file name specification.

The mgmt class override prompt looked like a Y/n choice to me but turns out
if you leave it blank it assumes default and if you want  a different class
you enter the alternative class you want.

Seed string seems to be a method for incrementing copies.

And updating the options file with trace detail turned on got me the rest of
the information.