ADSM-L

Installing

2007-02-12 16:57:52
Subject: Installing
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.s AT EVOLVINGSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:49:09 -0600
I'm trying to configure a Windows 2003 server with TSM server 5.3.X. I've got
the 3592 tape drives from a 3494 zoned correctly; I can see them as undefined
devices in the Device Manager.

When I try to install ibmatl6.5.0.0.exe, the installation hangs just before the
end of the install. The progress bar gets about 95% done, and then it just sits
(for 30 minutes, last I looked).

I'm having a bad case of old age today, I guess. Have I missed a step
somewhere? (There is no LAN connectivity between the server and the library;
could that be it?)

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.s AT evolvingsol DOT com)
Senior consultant