ADSM-L

How can I fixed VSAM I/O pages?

2007-02-08 08:08:39
Subject: How can I fixed VSAM I/O pages?
From: "LFD Steinmetz, Roland" <Roland.Steinmetz AT LFD.THUERINGEN DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 14:07:26 +0100
Hello,

i read in the "IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Performance Tuning Guide"
SC32-0141-00,
following Performance Recommendations for z/OS Server:

"VSAM I/O pages can be fixed to allow a faster throughput of data for
operations
involving the database, the recovery log, and all storage pool volumes.
Specifying
a size for the VSAM pages can significantly reduce the locking and unlocking

of VSAM pages while operations are occurring to and from disk storage pool
volumes."

How can I do this?

Best Regards,

Roland Steinmetz