ADSM-L

Re: Tape drive zones for FC drives - best practices

2007-02-07 06:11:56
Subject: Re: Tape drive zones for FC drives - best practices
From: Mark Scott <MScott AT BUNNINGS.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 20:11:54 +0900
I agree with the best practice though it generally depends on your budget
infrastructure. Eg 20 HBA's in a P595 Series would pretty much be a draw. If
you want to be pedantic you should have separate HBA's for host as well if
running LAN free.
        My experience to date if you have separate HBA's for your disk
generally two for dual paths. And for example 5 separate HBA's for tape
drives you will still get the desired throughput etc. The only time I have
seen multiple failures because of one device is with the 3584 as the picker
is controlled through the first drive.
        My two cents worth, good luck.

Cheers

        I also agree with soft zoning best for masking simplicity etc