ADSM-L

Replacing tapes

2007-02-01 09:00:12
Subject: Replacing tapes
From: Kerry Campbell <kcampbell AT MEDSYNERGIES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 07:59:54 -0600
Hello All,

I have two questions.

1)  I need to replace tape 000014 in library medslib since it is bad.  I
have a blank tape of the same size, without a label.

Can I take the label from the bad tape and put it on the good tape?  If
this is possible, what would I need to do to checkin this tape properly?

2)I am going to add more tepes to the library since we don't have enough
for proper rotation to vault.  I plan to add tapes 000031-000050 to the
library.

What are the commands to checkin a tape for the first time?

Thanks,

Kerry

*** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***

This message and any included attachments are from MedSynergies, Inc. and are
intended only for the addressee. The contents in this message contain
confidential information belonging to the sender that is legally protected.
Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the
addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the
delivery error by e-mail or contact MedSynergies, Inc. at PostMaster AT
MedSynergies DOT com.