ADSM-L

Updating a Volume's Devclass ?

2007-01-12 14:39:40
Subject: Updating a Volume's Devclass ?
From: Charles A Hart <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:38:27 -0600
We had a situation where the same devclass was used for two different
Libraries.  We then created two devclasses and associated one lib with the
original devclass and the other with a new devclass.  The library with the
new devclass can not mount any volumes becuae the volumes are still
associated with the old devclass and won't mount.  I looked @ upd volhist
to change the devclass bu that's only good for DB and Export vols.

I did try and associate the lib with a new devclass, then checkin the vols
which worked, but then when we tried to mount the vol we get
01/12/07   13:11:35      ANR2336W Audit Volume terminated for volume
P10058 -
                          insufficient number of mount points available
for
                          removable media. (SESSION: 19664, PROCESS: 152)

Any ideas on how to re-associate reg vols with a different devclass?

Charles Hart
UHT - Data Protection
(763)744-2263
Sharepoint: