ADSM-L

Authority and Password issues using Virtualnodename

2007-01-12 10:09:59
Subject: Authority and Password issues using Virtualnodename
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:08:47 -0500
Hello all,

A client is having password and authority issues trying to restore
from one server to another  (On a different network and server)
he is using the correct password and can login to both servers.
This a Novell cluster setup, I am thinking of resetting the password
again but I don't think it will help solve the issue.

I'm trying to do the restore to DOCDRGW1 but can't get through.
If I try to connect to 126.2.1.110 I get:
01/11/2007 08:52:12 ANS1025E Session rejected: Authentication failure

If I use VIRTUALNODENAME Docgw1 and try to log in as DOCGW1 I get
ANS1051I Invalid Password

If I use VIRTUALNODENAME and CLUSTERNODE Yes I get:
01/11/2007 08:52:37 ANS1370E The user ID entered does not have the
correct level of authority to access the client machine.

Thanks for any help!

TSM 5.3.4
Client 5.3.4
Netware 6.5 SP5