ADSM-L

Re: Does Client Acceptor Daemon improve the reliability of Windows ba ckups

2007-01-10 11:34:42
Subject: Re: Does Client Acceptor Daemon improve the reliability of Windows ba ckups
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.s AT EVOLVINGSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:33:43 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Schneider, John
>But I would like to hear from you with a lot of experience in large
>shops.  Does the CAD service really make TSM client backups more
reliable?
>Is it worth the effort to convert to?  I don't want to heap more work
on
>the Windows staff unless there is a payoff.

Yes, using the CAD service to control the scheduler service will help,
but not guarantee, that the scheduler service will get restarted when it
stops. (Upgrading the client to current levels certainly won't hurt.)

I've never had any issues with clients set to polling (as opposed to
prompted), unless there is a firewall in the mix.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.s AT evolvingsol DOT com)
Senior consultant