ADSM-L

JR- using virtualnodename

2007-01-05 13:32:00
Subject: JR- using virtualnodename
From: JR Trimark <j.r.trimark AT AURORA DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 12:30:18 -0600
I am trying to restore data from server_b to server_a using a GUI (web or
java if available), server_a has crashed and is unavailable.  I need to do
this for NetWare 6.5, 2K/2K3 Windows and 5.2 AIX; I am using the 5.2
client for AIX and the 5.3 client for Windows and NetWare.

Windows is easy, just start dsm with the -virtualnodename option or edit
the dsm.opt file. The CLI works using the -virtualn option when running
dsmc.
NetWare only has the web client as its GUI.  Editing the dsm.opt file
doesn't seem to work. The CLI works using the -virtualn option when
running dsmc.

AIX has the web client and java as a GUI client.  Editing the dsm.sys file
doesn't seem to work and the dsmj command ignores
-virtualnodename/-virtualn options. The CLI works using the -virtualn
option when running dsmc.

Any ideas
Thanks in advance.