ADSM-L

Re: List of archives

2007-01-04 13:27:29
Subject: Re: List of archives
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 11:28:15 -0700
No, the client does not store archive info locally.

The table data shown by SELECT statements do not come directly from the
internal structures. The table data are virtual, constructed "on the fly"
when you run SELECT. Due to the nature of how SELECT works, we will not
claim that it is a high-speed query engine (also see
http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm0411/387/1.html).

However, under the covers, the client/server interactions are optimized to
display the description info fairly quickly.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/04/2007
10:33:20 AM: