ADSM-L

Re: Files to secondary location

2007-01-03 12:58:13
Subject: Re: Files to secondary location
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.s AT EVOLVINGSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:56:47 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Whitlock, Brett
>We have a secondary site that we are using for DR.  We are replicating
>primary pool volumes to this location using virtual tape libraries.
>Anybody doing something similar?  Do you have any suggestions on how
>best to get my volhist and devconfig from a SAN drive on my Windows TSM
>server at the primary site to a file server at the secondary location?
>I was trying to think of a nice way to script this?

There's a much easier way.

Create a PREPARE statement (which includes your items), and email it as
an attachment to a gmail.com or yahoo.com mail account. There's nothing
proprietary about it, and the prepare statement has a completely
scripted process for rebuilding your TSM server.

That way, the data is available at any location that has internet
access. Easy, fast, and cheap!

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.s AT evolvingsol DOT com)
Senior consultant