ADSM-L

TSM DB2 API Backup Question

2007-01-02 10:59:08
Subject: TSM DB2 API Backup Question
From: Charles A Hart <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 09:56:00 -0600
One of our TSM environments that is Backing up Unix and DB2 data is a bit
overrun at this point (lots of MediaW').  I was talking to our DB2 DBA and
he states that the final step to a On-line DB2 backup is to include the
transaction logs that occurred since the backup began.  The DB2 log files
are archived to tape from the TSM DB2 API, so the full backup now requires
a tape mount to validate those logs files are complete.  unfortunately
these DB2 Full backups sit and wait for tape....

Our question is there anyway to cfg these DB2 On-line Full Backups to just
"Query" TSM to validate the log files recvd?  Or does it always have to
mount a tape.  I was looking in the TSM DB2 manual but really haven't
found such an option.

Thanks Again for any help!!!!!!

Charles Hart