ADSM-L

Re: select statemant to find oldest file in diskpool

2006-12-29 12:57:01
Subject: Re: select statemant to find oldest file in diskpool
From: Kerry Campbell <kcampbell AT MEDSYNERGIES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:38:42 -0600
I had the same question a couple of days ago, because I needed to
restore a password file from at least three weeks ago.  (the date the
system administrator left suddenly).  Luckily for me, the guy deleted
the file on the server and so the restore grabbed the latest copy in
it's archive.

Ideally, I wanted to be able to get the file that was from the day
before he left and restore it.  But I couldn't figure it out.   If the
guy had just corrupted the password file then I would have been hosed.
Because the restore would have restored a backup of a corrupted file.

Kerry