ADSM-L

Re: What are you using to ship tapes off to your D/R hotsite for tests?

2006-12-28 13:05:22
Subject: Re: What are you using to ship tapes off to your D/R hotsite for tests?
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:04:45 -0500
No, this is for the twice per year D/R test. We'll ship the tapes out to
arrive the day before the test, unpack directly to the library during
the test, and re-box at the end of the test. Then we'll ship them home
by common carrier and put them back in our normal off-site storage.

For a true disaster, we'll use the corporate plane or a charter plane
and go with the tapes.

If we went with the Rhino carriers, we'd want to package two or three to
a shipping box.

I'd rather not ship, myself but I'm getting overruled. From a truly
paranoid viewpoint, we don't have shipping capabilities at our off-site
facility -- so to ship, we need to bring all the tapes back to the data
center to be picked up by the carrier du jour.

Tom