ADSM-L

Re: TSM DB2 backup problems

2006-12-28 08:29:50
Subject: Re: TSM DB2 backup problems
From: BEYERS Kurt <Kurt.BEYERS AT VRT DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:24:21 +0100
Farren,

The return codes from a DB2 backup are  those from the TSM API as the backup is
done across the API. However the return code -1371 is not listed in there.

Take a manual backup from the CLI, it looks to be a DOS prompt in your case:

"db2 backup db <DB_ALIAS> online use tsm include logs"

and see what output you get here.

I've got no idea how to interprete the task from the DB2 administrative server
since we don't use it.

best regards,
Kurt