ADSM-L

Re: IBM 3584 Tape Cleaning

2006-12-27 12:01:10
Subject: Re: IBM 3584 Tape Cleaning
From: Larry Peifer <Larry.Peifer AT SCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 09:00:35 -0800
Len - You guessed it - the 2nd library is in a remote DR location as the
off-site electronic vault.  We no longer transfer tapes.   This method has
been working great for years with the 3583's and we now need additional
space as we are adding additional backup clients to the mix.    Oh, btw,
we are not using ALMS - I probably shouldn't have used the word partition.
 Each library is just a single entity unto itself.

Larry Peifer
AIX System Administrator
Tivoli System Administrator
Oracle DBA
San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station

Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT SAS DOT COM>
12/21/2006 05:35 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] IBM 3584 Tape Cleaning

Larry,

If you use the ALMS feature of the 3584 library, then you are locked in to
the library doing the cleaning.
An ALMS is a pretty nice feature to be using.

PS Can I ask why you have two single partition libraries instead of one
with 2 partitions. Unless they are  in different locations. And maybe a
third partition for test use.

len