ADSM-L

Re: AW: [ADSM-L] Fw: JBB Question(s)

2006-12-13 14:09:15
Subject: Re: AW: [ADSM-L] Fw: JBB Question(s)
From: Laurent Bendavid <bendavid.laurent AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 20:06:24 +0100
Otto Chvosta a écrit :
Hi again,

First, thanks for all of your advices in this case.

In my department the prefered server operating system is AIX but
unfortunately I've no influence on the choice of OS at our client servers
:-(

I also heard about the new disk chaching mechnism announced for TSM 5.4 and
hope that is a possible solution for this problem ...

But first I'd to find a solution in 5.3 ...

We did a successful incremental with 'MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP YES' last night
(processingtime ~ 18 hours) . MemEFF seems to be the right way against
ANS1030E, but dbviewb still reports an invalid journal state. So my primary
problem is to get the journal state valid.

Journal Database Information:

     Database File           q:\tsm_journal_db\tsmQ__.jdb.jbbdb
     Database File Disk Size 674 Bytes
     Journal  File System    Q:
     Journal Activation Date Tue Dec 12 16:45:39 2006
     Journal Validation Date (not set)
     Maximum Journal Size    8191 PB (9223372036854775807 Bytes)
     Journal Type            Change Journal
     Journal State           Not Valid
     Valid for Server        (not set)
     Valid for Node          (not set)
     Number of DB Entries    0

Filespace:
                  Filespace Name: \\fileserver\q$
      Hexadecimal Filespace Name: 5c5c6673316c756265635c7124
                            FSID: 8
                        Platform: WinNT
                  Filespace Type: NTFS
           Is Filespace Unicode?: Yes
                   Capacity (MB): 1,907,538.3
                        Pct Util: 35.8
     Last Backup Start Date/Time: 12/12/2006 16:55:08
  Days Since Last Backup Started: 1
Last Backup Completion Date/Time: 12/13/2006 11:25:35
Days Since Last Backup Completed: <1

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance

Otto