ADSM-L

Re: remove namespace

2006-12-12 22:28:15
Subject: Re: remove namespace
From: Avy Wong <AWong AT MOHEGANSUN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:28:32 -0500
Hi Steven,
        Your suggestion is to use nametype FSID to delete the specify
filespace. Would you please tell me the placing of '1' behind OMRON, is
this the way to say FSID =1 ?

delete filespace OMRON 1 nametype=fsid

Avy Wong
Business Continuity Administrator
Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
Uncasville, CT 06382
ext 28164

Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
12/12/2006 07:21 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] remove namespace

Hi Avy,

While the filespace name is \\Eomron\e$,  not \\mro1\e$ as you have
specified, I have had trouble in the past with this and  the fix is to
use the FSID to identify which filespace to delete.
In a previous post you showed

                                      Node Name: OMRON
                                 Filespace Name: \\eomron1\e$
                     Hexadecimal Filespace Name:
5c5c6561726d696372315c6524
                                           FSID: 1
                                       Platform: WinNT
                                 Filespace Type: NTFS
                          Is Filespace Unicode?: Yes
                                  Capacity (MB): 125,876.5
                                       Pct Util: 0.1
                    Last Backup Start Date/Time: 12/07/2006 06:07:41
                 Days Since Last Backup Started: <1
               Last Backup Completion Date/Time: 12/07/2006 06:07:44
               Days Since Last Backup Completed: <1
Last Full NAS Image Backup Completion Date/Time:
Days Since Last Full NAS Image Backup Completed:

So you delete this with

delete filespace OMRON 1 nametype=fsid

I have only found this to be necessary with Windows nodes.

Regards

Steve

Steven Harris
AIX and TSM Admin