ADSM-L

Re: Trying to restore a clients volume (data) from one TSM server to another TSM server

2006-12-11 13:19:18
Subject: Re: Trying to restore a clients volume (data) from one TSM server to another TSM server
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:18:21 -0500
Robin  thanks,

This would not be a one time restore, How could this be done on a continuous
basis for DR purposes?

.

Robin Sharpe wrote:

If all you need to do is a one time restore, I would just register the
target client node (DOCDRB) on TSM server A, perform the restore, them
remove the definition of DOCDRB.

Regards,
Robin Sharpe
Berlex Labs

            Timothy Hughes
            <Timothy.Hughes@O
            IT.STATE.NJ.US>                                            To
            Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
            Dist Stor                                                  cc
            Manager"
            <[email protected]                                     Subject
            .EDU>                     Trying to restore a  clients volume
                                      (data) from one TSM server to
                                      another TSM server
            12/11/2006 10:10
            AM

            Please respond to
            "ADSM: Dist Stor
                Manager"
            <[email protected]
                  .EDU>

A client tried to restore a volume's data ( NVOL1:) from DOCUSRA
to a volume on DOCDRB but can't. DOCUSRA is a node registered
on TSM server A and DOCDRSB is registered on TSM server B does something
needs to be configured for this restore to work? I understand I can restore
data from one node to another on the same TSM server  but what
would the syntax be to restore data to another node on another
TSM server? for DR purposes?

Tim

ANS1096S
Either the node does not exist on the server or there is no active
policy set for the node.
Explanation:
This error occurs when you try to access another node's data. Either
the node is not registered with the TSM server, or there is no active
policy set for the node.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestings.

TSM 5.3.4.0
Novell client 5.3.4.0
AIX 5.3  RS/6000