ADSM-L

3582 Microcode levels

2006-12-07 19:32:45
Subject: 3582 Microcode levels
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:31:50 +1000
Hi all,

I have a customer with a 3582 and LTO2 drives.  He's been having an
occasional problem with tapes not unloading from drives and being marked
unavailable, so I thought I'd check out his microcode levels.

Now the  web page for  3582  is at
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&q1=3582&uid=ssg1S4000152&loc=en_AU&cs=utf-8&cc=au&lang=en
This shows that the latest LTO2 microcode for this library is 5AT0 but
also that the page hasn't been updated since January 2005.

I was recently at the 3584/TS3500 site
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&dc=D400&q1=3584&uid=ssg1S4000043&loc=en_AU&cs=utf-8&cc=au&lang=en

for another customer and it shows that the latest LTO2 code is 67U1.

So, can I apply the 67U1 microcode to the 3582 drives, if so why has the
3582 website not been updated and if not why doesn't it say so on the
3582 website?

Has anyone any definitive information on this?

Thanks

Steve

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin