ADSM-L

Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP!!

2006-12-07 19:25:15
Subject: Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP!!
From: Kurt Buff <KBuff AT ZETRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 16:23:49 -0800
This won't help you now, but it may help someone else before crisis hits

1) As part of the documentation of the server, use either the natvie 'net
share' command, or rmtshare.exe from the Windows Resource Kit to document
your shares. Create a batch file that creates the shares and copy it off
somewhere.

2) Potentially, periodically use the native xcopy command (xcopy /t /e) to
create your (empty) directory structure elsewhere and then zip it down into
a single file and back that up. Should take minimal space, and when
unzipped, voila.

3) If permissions are important, my favorite tool is fileacl.exe - google
for it, it's truly wonderful. The most wonderful thing about it is that it
can create its own batch file to document and reapply permissions to a
directory structure.

Kurt