ADSM-L

Re: Survey Question for Virtual Tape Users: What Vendors are you using for Virtual Tape?

2006-12-07 13:35:19
Subject: Re: Survey Question for Virtual Tape Users: What Vendors are you using for Virtual Tape?
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 13:31:35 -0500
The other advantage of a VTL over a disk subsystem when implementing an
all disk storagepool is that lan-free will work to a VTL but not to FILE
disk (without Sanergy).

David

>>> "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM> 12/7/2006 7:27 AM

My 2 cents: There is on big advantage for using a VTL over a disk
subsystem: compression.
We are also using a EMC DL700 which uses in-the-box LTO compatible
compression.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines