ADSM-L

SV: Will TSM ever support BMR for windows systems?

2006-12-07 12:03:49
Subject: SV: Will TSM ever support BMR for windows systems?
From: Christian Svensson <christian.svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 18:00:01 +0100
Hi Mark,
Don't forget that you also need to have a unique FLOPPY involved for each
server. How many wants to manage x hundreds of floppies?

Mark, how can you make dissimilar hardware with your PE CD?
When you restore the full OS image/backup to your new hardware. How do you
change the registry and adding the new drivers? Are you boot up the Windows CD
again and then let it repair your server?

Do you know how much changes it does with your Windows Server? Have you let
Security division look at your machine after that?

Thanks
Christian