ADSM-L

TSM Server Backup with 4 ,000 TSM clients and 16,000 Sessions

2006-12-07 11:43:49
Subject: TSM Server Backup with 4 ,000 TSM clients and 16,000 Sessions
From: Francisco Molero <fmolero AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:42:50 -0800
Hi TSMusers,

I have this environment:

 TSM Server 5.3.3.1. OS Sun Solaris 4 Processors and 8 GB RAM.

I have problems with sockets in status close_wait and sessions in status end
when we run the backup each night.
Each node copy more or less  2 Mbytes and we launch 2 backup per node.

We are thinking aobout dividing this TSM, but our DB is only 15 GB.

Somebody have experience in similar environments. Problems with sessions hang
with end status and sockets in close_wait....

Any suggestions or any ideas will be good received?

Regards,

    Fran.

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com