ADSM-L

Re: Will TSM ever support BMR for windows systems?

2006-12-06 07:54:03
Subject: Re: Will TSM ever support BMR for windows systems?
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 07:53:19 -0500
Well, it's also a big pain in the tush for me to explain to mgmt why I'm
budgeting for a BMR tool for our 600 Windows servers even though we
already hand over a boatload of $$ to Tivoli for a backup product,
because I have to have something I can depend on to perform dissimilar
hardware restores.

I just don't think it could be that difficult for Tivoli to come up with
a boot cd like they use for ServerGuide that is "TSM aware" and capable
of hardware detection.

-Steve Schaub