ADSM-L

Re: wildcard del vol?

2006-12-05 18:18:15
Subject: Re: wildcard del vol?
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 18:17:29 -0500
Use the SQL contatenation operator:

Select 'del vol ' || volume_name from volumes where
stgpool_name='WHATEVERINCAPS'...

Do it right from the dsmadmc command prompt and cut 'n paste right back to
execute them. You may have to issue SET SQLDISPLAYMODE
WIDE so it all fits on a single line.

Actually now that I think about it, if you try to cut n' paste it back in to
the dsmadmc command line, you get prompted Yes or No
after the first DEL VOL command is issued. Probably better to pipe the output
to a file and then use the macro command like Allen
used.

Bill Boyer
>Select * from USERS where CLUE>0
0 rows returned