ADSM-L

Re: copypools on disk on AIX?

2006-12-05 16:54:05
Subject: Re: copypools on disk on AIX?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 22:53:22 +0100
Kelly Lipp wrote:
> This looks good, but I would still create these volumes using define vol
> numberofvol rather than letting TSM create them.

I found that TSM tries to format all of these volumes at once... To
prevent fragmentation, I used a small one-liner to dsmfmt the volumes
and then define them in TSM.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167
PGP Key fingerprint = 6367 DFE9 5CBC 0737 7D16  B3F6 048A 02BF DC93 94EC

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams