ADSM-L

Re: Vaulting Service

2006-12-04 04:20:49
Subject: Re: Vaulting Service
From: Leigh Reed <L.Reed AT MDX.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:19:16 +0000
Orin,

If you are referring to actually sending your backup data over the
internet to a third party vendor (ie outsourcing some/all of your
backups). I know that SunGard in the UK actually offer a service known
as "Vaulting". They do use TSM, however I don't know if the
corresponding service exists in the US.

You may need to check with your auditors as to whether sending your
backup data over the internet would be acceptable (even with
encryption).

Leigh