ADSM-L

backup destination change possible?

2006-12-01 17:51:08
Subject: backup destination change possible?
From: "RODOLFICH, NICHOLAS" <NICHOLAS.RODOLFICH AT SCPPOOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 16:51:01 -0600
Hi everyone,

        I have 4 TDP Exchange client nodes needs that are currently
backing up directly to tape. Our data outgrew our disk pool so we had to
point these directly to tape. Someone in our team wants to split these
up so 2 nodes will backup directly to tape and 2 nodes will go straight
to tape.
        I am thinking that the only way to do this is to generate a new
policy domain to do this since a node can only belong to one domain and
only one policy set can be active at a time. Am I correct or is there
any easy way to do this?

Current:
----------
client1  --> tape