ADSM-L

ANS1017E TCP/IP connection failure issue

2006-12-01 17:40:18
Subject: ANS1017E TCP/IP connection failure issue
From: "RODOLFICH, NICHOLAS" <NICHOLAS.RODOLFICH AT SCPPOOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 16:39:24 -0600
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!

        We have been experiencing quite a few ANS1017E errors "TCP/IP
connection failure".  We have involved TSM support to no solution and
some changes have been suggested to fix this here. We have checked the
network, moved schedules, etc to try to fix it.
        As far as moving schedules, I don't think moving the schedules
is the answer since we have not had failures because a particular
resource(drive) was not available. I understand if the system was so
busy it could service the requests but we don't have that problem
either. The system itself is idling 95% of the time. Am I thinking
correctly here?

        Another attempt was to increase MAXCMDRETRIES. I think it
defaults to 5 but I reset it to 10. That made the schedule take longer
to fail but no resolution. Now they want to change it to 20. I think 10
is enough, but I am willing to accept being wrong if I am. This sparks
the question of what is the retry period. Our server is set to Client
which means the client determines the retry period. But I can't find any
doc to say what that interval is or how the client determines it. How do
I find out what the default value for RETRYPERIOD is?

Regards,

Nicholas Rodolfich
Systems Analyst
POOLCORP
Desk: (985)801-3038
Cell:   (228)223-6777
mailto:nicholas.rodolfich AT poolcorp DOT com