ADSM-L

DB2 backups

2006-11-30 10:29:44
Subject: DB2 backups
From: "Britton, Nick" <nbritton AT FNTS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:27:56 -0600
Can someone help with understanding how db2 works with the api client.
I am new to TSM and I am trying to understand how I backup the DB with
the API client.

I understand that I install the API and Configure the API.  I register
the node and associate it with a schedule.  But how to you backup the
actual databases?

***** PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL *****
This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive
use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential
and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-
mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.