ADSM-L

Re: Second TSM Instance

2006-11-28 07:39:02
Subject: Re: Second TSM Instance
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 07:32:21 -0500
On Nov 28, 2006, at 6:03 AM, Bernaldo de Quiros, Iban 1 wrote:

Hi all,

I am planning to create a second instance in my TSM on Solaris 9. I have read on the quick reference guide, that I have to export the following environment variables:
DSMSERV_DIR
DSMSERV_CONFIG

To the new path of my second instance.

The change will affect to my first TSM instance...¿?

What does these environment variables do ¿?

Iban -

See the Admin Guide and Installation Guide for TSM's explanation of what these environment variables accomplish. I also summarize them in ADSM QuickFacts (http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts) which also provides perspective on what an environment variable is.

The shell within which you start each instance of a TSM server can define its own environment variable values, so no conflict.

In addition to the manuals, see also IBM Technote 1052631 on running multiple servers on one machine, and notes on that topic under "Servers, multiple, on one machine" in ADSM QuickFacts.

   Richard Sims