ADSM-L

Re: TSM inventory of empty slots becomes inconsistent wi th IBM3584 li brary.

2006-11-25 23:33:13
Subject: Re: TSM inventory of empty slots becomes inconsistent wi th IBM3584 li brary.
From: Mark Scott <MScott AT BUNNINGS.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 12:32:10 +0800
Hi
        What is the library you are using? 3583? Look at drivers.

Show slots <library name> will give you a good idea where your tapes are.
This cmd has to be run when there are no sessions mounts proc etc for it to
work. Remove any tapes except for the tapes the vendor recommend eg IBM use
IBM. I have had a PMR open on one of our libraries for months which has
slowly got better though every now and then it will give the exact same
problem, with slots. Easiest way to get around it is to power cycle remove
paths and the add, add the carts and it runs ok again. Add the scratch
first. Obviously we have scripted all this. The library in question is a
3583 scsi library which we are looking at replacing anyway.  Or maybe you
just have to run a audit.

Regards Mark