ADSM-L

Re: setting up TDPO / newbie help

2006-11-15 10:08:26
Subject: Re: setting up TDPO / newbie help
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:06:23 -0500
On Nov 15, 2006, at 9:12 AM, goc wrote:

3> ALLOCATE CHANNEL d1 TYPE disk
ORA-19502: write error on file "04i2fdof_1_1", blockno 381953
(blocksize=8192)
ORA-27063: skgfospo: number of bytes read/written is incorrect
IBM AIX RISC System/6000 Error: 28: No space left on device

Goran -

I'm no RMAN expert, but it looks to me like you managed to configure
it to back up to local disk, rather than to the TSM server via the
SBT API.  From what I understand, your messages should have like
"allocate channel t1 type 'sbt_tape'".  Have a look at the redbook
"Backing Up Oracle using Tivoli Storage Management" for background.
And do a 'df' on your AIX system to look for a full disk.  An RMAN
expert will probably post more.

   Richard Sims